Monday, October 28, 2013

Tribute to my car

I bought my first car about six years back after got my first job. I remember doing research on the cars in the secondhand market with the high miles/gallon. Nissan Sentra seemed like a good compromise with about 30miles/galleon at a lower price than Toyotas or Hondas.

I have several stories with this car.
Remember driving much about speed limit around airbase in Tucson
Remember calling my car a frog after I jump over a hump on the road
Remember telling sorry to it when I put the brake suddenly
Remember the first accident I had. I rode over a rock while taking in the beauty of Echo canyon, Az
Remember how disgusted I was to see vomit on the passenger door one morning
Remember getting my first and only speeding ticket
Remember getting my first and only parking ticket
Remember the time when I broke off the passenger mirror when I was hurrying up to go to a party
Remember the reckless party night when I drove home drunk
Remember getting pulled over by a cop when I didn't have a drink
Remember the days when used to go to car wash
Remember the days when I used to go to dealer
Remember the time when I used to have car freshner
Remember the day I got my first furniture from Ikea
Remember the first dent in my front bumper
Remember the first dent in my back bumper. Finally I learnt to park
Remember my parents' first US visit when I showed them many places in Az
Remember the time when a guy threw his drink at me and the half down window blocked it

The list is endless. The car served me well and I will miss it a lot! I will miss that bumper space for my activist stickers...

I hardly drove it for the last three years and whenever I drove it, I felt guilty about my carbon emissions. I have sold it now. So, one less thing to worry about. I might eventually get an electric car. For now, I am enjoying the guilt-free life.



No comments:

Post a Comment