Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Responsible minimalism

I wanted to become a minimalist for a long time. About a year back, I moved from a one bedroom apartment to a studio to get rid of stuff. I got rid of some stuff and stopped there. Every weekend, my goal would be to reduce the amount of stuff I have. It was always a moving target. Today finally, I got rid of some of the stuff I have been long holding on.

I hold on to things not because I am attached to them. I just don't know what is the responsible way to get rid of them. Today, I took my old cosmetics to Home Chemical Waste Disposal Center in Dallas. My experience was so pleasant. I just had to show my license and utility bill. So, if you are wondering how to get rid of a bottle of mineral oil, a gallon of beach or any hard to recycle item, check with a HC3 (Home Chemical Waste Disposal) near you. Here's a picture of all the cosmetics I disposed.


Many people are grasping the idea of reducing clutter. I think that it has the most value when done responsibly. Today, I feel very light since I also got rid of clothes, bags and shoes at a drop box.




No comments:

Post a Comment