Monday, June 17, 2013

Why say NO Tetrapak?

For a while I used to think Tetrapaks are good. They look like good old cartons but they are not. They are a combination of paper, metal and plastic (hence non-recylable) Plastic being the innermost layer touching the food. Yikes! Found this information only a few months back and was devastated to find that most of the milk cartons that I was meticulously cleaning and recycling were going to landfill.

I avoid Tetrapaks like plague. But last weekend, I got sick while traveling. So, I had to get the coconut water to feel better. My flight got delayed and I needed to charge my phone. I sat down by the charging station and separated the various layers and salvaged some recyclable material.




You might say, I can't be like that! Ok, be your way. Just try to avoid buying anything that comes in Tetrapak. Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment